WB Chai Sundari Housing Scheme 2020 |Eligibility| Application Form | West Bengal Housing Scheme for Tea Garden Workers
One of the basic need of human is housing. Millions of houses are needed today for the people of India. Economically Weaker section (EWS) and Lower income groups (LIG) can consists the shortage of houses up to 99%.Many steps and schemes has been originated by Center and State government then also there is a very large gap to cover the demand and supply of houses.This gap is increasing day by day due to increase in population and urbanization.
WB Chai Sundari Housing Scheme
The West Bengal government also indulge their cooperation in providing houses to the Poor and Economic weaker section people. The state government focuses on providing houses to the people who works in tea gardens of Darjeeling. As Darjeeling is world famous for high quality tea production and it is the rich source of revenue for the West Bengal government but the conditions of the workers working in tea gardens is so pathetic. They lived in temporary homes without electricity and water connection. West Bengal government Introduced This scheme in Budget that is “Chai Sundari Scheme” for tea garden Workers to provide them facilities for basic need.
Benefits of Chai Sundari Scheme
- Providing residence & Security – WB Chai Sundari Housing Scheme provides social security and residence to the needy and poor tea workers of tea estates in West Bengal.
- Providing Pucca homes – This scheme focus on providing pucca houses to the needy tea estate workers in result of which they can also live in their own pucca houses with their families.
- Beneficiaries – There are almost 370 tea gardens in West Bengal,so approximate 3 lakh people will get permanent houses in the state
- Women Security – 50 % of workers working in tea gardens are women. They live in temporary houses so to provide them security and respect this scheme is very beneficial to them.
- Budget For this Scheme – West Bengal Government decided to implemented this scheme will huge budget. For This scheme WB State government decided a Budget of 200 crore Rs. that is used in the construction of New house units in state.
Eligibility Criteria WB Housing scheme for Tea Garden Workers
- Residence of West Bengal – the applicant should be the permanent residence of West Bengal and have valid residence proof.
- Worker in Tea garden – This scheme is only for the workers of tea garden.
- Don’t have permanent homes – In WB Chai Sundari Housing Scheme 2020 the benefit will only give to the applicants who don’t have permanent homes prior. The applicant already have permanent home then he/she will excluded from this scheme.
- Category and background – This scheme is only for the workers belonging to backward classes and below poverty line.
Documents required for this scheme
- Citizen proof – The applicant must be the permanent residence of West Bengal.
- ID proof – Updated Aadharcard, VoterID card or ration card.
- Occupational certificates – Registration certificate indicating the occupation of tea worker issued by Tea association must be submitted during the registration as this scheme is only for the tea workers.
- Declaration from Gram Panchayat – Applicant must have declaration certificate issued by Gram Panchayat that the person lives in temporary house.
- BPL certificate – BPL certificate is must for applicant and the copy of this certificate should be attached with registration certificate.
How to get enrolled for West Bengal Chai Sundari Scheme
West Bengal government still not announced for the registration process of this scheme. May be the state government want to do the registrations offline to avoid any complications during registration and may be later they will shifted to online portal. Government plan to avail the benefits of this scheme to the workers within next three years, as the government is waiting for the land used for his scheme. Thestate government wanted to build the houses on the land leased out to tea estates, it would be a complicated issue. May be government is planning to build the houses on the government land.
West Bengal Chai Sundari Housing Scheme helps the poor workers of tea gardens to live in their own Pucca homes with the facility of electricity and water. These schemes will help to improve the living standards of the citizens and helps them to think about the future of their children.